To make my busy mom life easier, you will find this DISCLOSURE on the top of every post because sometimes I use affiliate links. If you click on these links or make a purchase (with no added cost to you), then I make a small commission which helps me run this blog. “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” For details see my info section. Thanks for the support!
Father’s Day is this coming weekend! Dads everywhere are getting excited because they know that it is the one day a year they are guaranteed to spend it doing exactly what they want! But what do Dads really want for Father’s Day? New tv? New shoes? New golf clubs? Nope! No shopping required to give Dad the 10 things he wants most for Father’s Day!
Dads are awesome and that’s why we love them so much! They work hard for their families just as Moms do, so they deserve to spend Father’s Day however they want. Now, obvisouly all Dads have different interests, but in general I feel like they are pretty easy to please.
I took a survey of all the Dads in my life, and asked them what they really wanted the most for Father’s Day. I got a lot of the same answers from all those surveyed, so I put together this list.
Top 10 Things Dads Really Want for Father’s Day!
- Sleep late – Most Dads have to get up early for work during the week, and then again for kids sports, activities, or church on the weekend. All they want this Father’s Day is to sleep late!
- Favorite breakfast – Some Dads wanted donuts and others wanted pancakes with eggs. Either way Dad deserves his favorites for breakfast, maybe even served in bed?
- Hand made card from the kids – The Dads I surveyed didn’t want items purachased from the store, but rather homemade cards with stories and drawings from the kids. If you want to get fancy, put them inside a cute frame for safe keeping.
- Play golf/ fish/ hobby until the sun goes down – Father’s Day will be perfect if they can spend all day doing the activity they love most. Weather it be golf, fishing, or photography, Dad will be happy without any interruptions or time constraints.
- Pick what is watched on tv all day – Dads like to control the remote and picking what is on tv all day long will add to their Father’s Day pleasure. Get the tv ready for ESPN or the History Channel!
- Peace and quiet while in the bathroom – Anyone with kids knows exactly what dad means when he wants peace and quiet in the bathroom. No interruptions, fights, or questions while he is on the throne!
- Back scratch – It seems like moms always want a massage but Dads want to be scratched. A good back, leg, or head scratch will make Father’s Day great!
- Talk/watch/ play sports with the kids – Family time is also important to Dads on Father’s Day. They want to hang out with their kids playing sports or at least talking about sports. Maybe even go watch a game!
- Steak dinner prepared at home – All the Dads I know, asked for a steak dinner on Father’s Day. some of them wanted to grill it themselves and others wanted their wife to prepare it, but either way steak was at the top of the list. Dad deserves his favorite dinner and it doesn’t need to be from a fancy restaurant.
- Drinks and quality time with wife after the kids go to sleep – After the kids go to bed, Dad wants to have a nice drink and spend some quality time with his wife.
Now that you know what Dads really want for Father’s Day, your family can help make sure he has an awesome day!
Happy Father’s Day!