To make my busy mom life easier, you will find this DISCLOSURE on the top of every post because sometimes I use affiliate links. If you click on these links or make a purchase (with no added cost to you), then I make a small commission which helps me run this blog. “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” For details see my info section. Thanks for the support!
It’s a busy morning and you have 5 minutes to get breakfast on the table for your kids. Peanut Butter to the rescue! It’s kid friendly and can be used in many different ways. I have seen a lot of great breakfast recipes using peanut butter including French toast, energy balls, oatmeal, and muffins. But all these options take time to make or need to be prepared ahead of time. Some mornings all I have is 5 minutes to get breakfast ready, before we have to rush out the door. Since my boys love peanut butter, I came up with 5 breakfast ideas that have become my family’s favorite options on a busy morning. And they all take less than 5 minutes to prepare!
Peanut Butter and Banana is an awesome combination, and my boys favorite way to have peanut butter for breakfast.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Quesadilla: spread the peanut butter all over the tortilla, add sliced bananas, fold in half and serve. I also like to serve these warm by heating in a pan for 1 minute per side, but my kids love eating these quesadillas either way! They make a great lunch box idea too!
- Peanut Butter and Banana Burrito: spread the peanut butter all over the tortilla, place a whole banana in the center of the tortilla and roll up. Serve by either cutting in half, or by cutting into slices (think sushi style). I also like to serve this warmed in a pan, but on busy mornings I skip this step.
- Peanut Butter with Banana and Apple Slices: scoop out a large spoonful of peanut butter onto a plate and serve with cut up banana pieces and apple slices. The kids really enjoy being able to dip their fruit straight into the peanut butter, and I love that this is the easiest breakfast option:)
4. Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffle: Stick two frozen waffles into the toaster. Once, toasted then spread one with peanut butter and the other with jelly. Sandwich the two together and cut into wedges for a fun breakfast.
5. English Muffin Peanut Butter & Chocolate Sandwich: This breakfast is more like a dessert, but hey so are donuts! Spread peanut butter onto a lightly toasted English Muffin and then while still warm sprinkle on a few chocolate chips. Put the two halves together and serve like a sandwich. Yum!
Bonus idea: Just serve peanut butter spread on a piece of Toast or English Muffin with a side of fruit. Easy!
So next time you are rushed in the morning, instead of automatically reaching for a bowl of cereal, why not give one of these quick ideas a try. Everyone in my family loves them!
Also check out my post on 3 Reasons Why You Might Need a Spoonful of Peanut Butter.