To make my busy mom life easier, you will find this DISCLOSURE on the top of every post because sometimes I use affiliate links. If you click on these links or make a purchase (with no added cost to you), then I make a small commission which helps me run this blog. “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” For details see my info section. Thanks for the support!
Motherhood is a full time job. We take care of the family, the pets, the house, the laundry, the food, the bills, the yard, and school. We make playdates, appointments, and drive the kids around to their after school activities, all while keeping up with the latest and greatest in today’s society. And to top it all off, many of us work other full time jobs too! Being a mom is hard work! Sometimes as busy moms, we need to take a step back and just breath. We need time for ourselves, which can be difficult to accomplish in our busy every day lives. Our culture celebrates motherhood once, every year on Mother’s Day, but I think we should celebrate moms everyday! So don’t wait for your annual gift or day of rest and start doing things for yourself every month. We are of no use to our families if we get run down and over worked. I have created a list of 30 things every busy mom should do for herself at least once a month. I know it’s hard to find extra time, but try to put yourself first every once in a while. I promise you’ll be glad that you did, because you know what they say “If mama ain’t happy, then no body is happy.”
I put together this list of fun things moms should try to do for themselves every month. Sometimes I do one thing a day and other times I accomplish multiple activities in the same day. And my favorites from this list, well they happen more than once a month:) Check it out, and start doing these things for yourself as well!
30 Things Every Mom Should Do for Herself Once a Month
- Get a Massage (either professional, from the hubby, or use a foam roller.)
- Buy something new that is for you personally like clothes, shoes, or jewelry.
- Watch a movie either at home or in the theater.
- Treat your feet to a pedicure at the spa or at home.
- Read a magazine.
- Have a coffee date with girl friends.
- Try a new recipe.
- Take a long walk & bring the dog.
- Listen to a new audiobook while driving around (sign up for Audible so you won’t forget.)
- Mom’s night out (wine included!)
- Get a facial or do a mask treatment at home (I love this one!)
- Check out a new blog!
- Try a new activity or sport to see if you like it.
- Color a picture in an adult coloring book. It’s therapeutic.
- Talk to a new friend or neighbor.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers.
- Mediate or practice yoga.
- Have dessert! Everything in moderation:)
- Wear something that you forgot about in your closet.
- Go on a date night with your husband!
- Check out a good book from the library.
- Fill out a crossword puzzle. They are good for your brain.
- Stop and smell the roses, literally.
- Enjoy lunch with your Mom (assuming she lives near by) if not FaceTime while you eat!
- Learn how to do something new. The web is full of how to videos and tutorials!
- Get back in bed after you drop the kids off at school!
- Bake some cookies.
- Dance and sing to your favorite songs.
- Have the kids bring you breakfast in bed!
- Eat dinner at your favorite restaurant (kids optional!)
If you want print out this list and stick it on your fridge or mirror as a gentle reminder to do something nice for yourself, too! Click here is you would like a free printable version of this list!
As busy moms, we need to find some time to treat ourselves every month. This list is full of great ideas to help remind you to take some time off and focus on yourself. You deserve it!
I’d love to hear what you would add to my list in the comments below.